Help

Re: DocsAutomator — Powerful PDF creation from Airtable data with Google Docs

1763 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi friends of Airtable,

DocsAutomator has been growing quite a lot recently and we have many Airtable users automating their documents with it already 🎉

The goal for DocsAutomator was to create the easiest solution to turn Airtable data into documents after having built Airtable solutions for clients for 2 years. It uses Google Docs as its templating tool, so creating templates is super easy. On top of that, it supports line items (also multiple line item tables), currency and date formatting for most regions, you can select to add to or overwrite attachment fields and lots more!

Would love if you would check it out and let me know what you think! I'm constantly improving the platform and look forward to your feedback (via this community forum, email, in-app chat, Twitter, ...)

https://docsautomator.co/

Cheers,
Rupert

4 Replies 4
Shannon_Bradley
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

How complex can it get? For example I need to take my data in AirTable and use it to create a film Call Sheet, which is quite complex and has a LOT of information on it 🙂

Abdullah_Yuksel
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello,

Congratulations on launching your new tool! It sounds like it's filling a real need and I can't wait to try it out. Best of luck with this exciting new venture!

When creating a Google Docs document from a template, it automatically inherits the restricted sharing settings of the template. This means that each new document created from the template is restricted by default and needs to be manually made public. Have you encountered this issue before? If so, how did you address it?

Very happy to figure this out 🙂 There is no limit in terms of how long a document can get or how long line item tables / lists can get. Feel free to reach out here in messages, via email (rupert@docsautomator.co) or in the DocsAutomator in-app chat!

Thanks for your words @Abdullah_Yuksel !

Re. sharing settings: It wouldn't be so complicated to let users choose which sharing settings created documents should get, but DocsAutomator doesn't offer that currently. I'll put in on the wishlist and think it would be a great feature!

Let me know if you have more questions!