Help

Re: How to show in a timeline the average percent of a groupped tasks?

237 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NLOIA
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi!

We have a huge project with several tasks where I need to add to a timeline the completeness average percentage and, I think, this can be done in single task with this summary of the average percent of the grouped tasks.
     In other words:  I want to filter some tasks (yes/no) to make them appear in the timeline (they have dates) together with the related percentage of completeness.
     I know that I already have the average percentage of completeness in the grid view, when groupping by any field (please check the print screen, where I group the tasks by the field "module").
     Now I want to show this percentage in the timeline. But how?
     I hope AirTable have it by default.... 🙏 !!!

Print:
1=Avg. % when groupped by module
2=Task (line) where I think the avg % can be included.
3=Timeline where, I think, if I filter by that task, the summary of the groupped tasks will be showed.
NLOIA_0-1706533525824.png

Thank you all in advance.

2 Replies 2

Sorry for the delayed reply. I just now saw your ping on X (I almost never go there any more).

Unfortunately the values visible in Airtable's summary bars—average, sum, percent unique, etc—are not available to use elsewhere. They're for display only.

One approach that will work, though, would be to change the Module field from a single-select to a link to another table (Modules). In that Modules table, each module record would be linked to all related tasks, so you could add a rollup field to collect and calculate the average of those tasks' completeness. You could then change the primary field to a formula that would display both the module name and the average completion percentage from the rollup, making that value visible anywhere the module appears.

Screen Shot 2024-02-14 at 7.15.13 AM.png

The "Average Completion" field uses the "AVERAGE(values)" aggregation function. For the Name field, the formula looks like this:

{Module Name} & " - " & ROUND({Average Completion} * 100, 0) & "%"

Over on the Tasks table—or anywhere else the module can be seen—that average percentage is visible.

Screen Shot 2024-02-14 at 7.15.41 AM.png

Unfortunately you lose the individual colors for each module, but having the percentages visible might be a good tradeoff.

Will this work for your use case?

NLOIA
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi @Justin_Barrett !
Thank youu for the response, no matter the delay.

I will check your proposal and let you know the result.

THX!
BR.