619 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zsuzsa_Kiss
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I write knitting patterns, they had to be tested - if everything is correct or not.
So I have tests - for every pattern. I collect data as volunteers, yarn used, if finished, etc.
I have testers - because some people joins to more tests. I want to keep their email address here, know in which tests they knitted and how. So I would like to rate them - did the finish in time, sent the survey back, etc.
I don’t see, how I should connect all this data together.

How it works now: I have a Google doc, one table for all tests, with the data mentioned before.
And I have an other table: rows are testers and columns are the tests, I give a “note” for them.

I hope this can be understand :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Replies 4
Sharmam
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I am not data scientist but clinician and dabble with clinical research. As primary outcome measured here is knitting pattern and tests run on them. Probably good to start with base table of patterns as Primary column with obvious PATTERNS as column heading and Test #1 for first test with name of specific test linked to table number with primary column Pattern-test unique combo e.g. P1T1 and so on with Tester #1 and so on column headings with columns next send received data and last table with tester information with column headings from plus email and comments.
Hope it make sense, if you share google sheet (blank) of course, and add me collaborator, I can give it a spin.

sorry no. can you make a drawing for me? or tell me, what tables to make?
one for all tests? and one for each test itself?
I made a blank google table from the existing one, you can find it here:

Knitting pattern tests

ALL name of the tester, email address, sum of ratings, notes, pattern 1, pattern 2, pattern 3 tester 1, 1, 1 tester 2, 2, 2 1, 1 - 1,- 1 1,- 2 2, 2 0 - 4,- 2,- 2 0 1, 1 2, 2 2, 2 - 2,- 2 2, 2 - 2,- 2 2, 2 2, 2 8, 2, 2, 2, 2 0, 0 0 ...

ok, maybe I understand
test.jpg
this is what you mean?

Yes sounds about right, looking at google sheet you’ve shared I see you have other columns like instructions, finished and survey: these can be simple multi select fields as well. Try these out, you can always change them around to work on what is the best before you add all the data.