Did you mean: 
Julien_Mottet1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

https://airtable.com/pricing

4 pricings :
Free : No big change
Team : old Pro ---
Busiess : old Pro +++ (key feature from enterprise available : 2sync, more records, more storage, invoice...)
Entreprise : old Enterprise +++

First fellings :
I like it a lot.
Business is the new PRO (the way to go for SMBs)

56 Replies 56

Aren't API call limits [now] a function of the Airtable plan your Softr account is connected to?

@Bill_French Mariam is referring to whether Softr has its own API limits; Softr doesn't expose API limits on its own. However, if users use an Airtable connection (API Key, PAT, or OAuth) with a Free or Team plan user/workspace, then Airtable API limits still apply; hence, we would recommend using either a Team or Business account/workspace to avoid hard API limits from the Airtable side.

Thanks for the clarification. In the context of this panic thread, some visitors including me, read that and wondered if Softr provided relief to the recently announced plan limitations. It's a nuance that needs considerably more predicates.

Stephanie_Reid
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I often tried to warn everyone that Airtable has no conception of customer personas. Those messages are no longer discoverable in the new community. Unlike Coda, which has pricing based on Makers and Users, Airtable hasn't recognized and embraced the three primary customer personas - maker, producer, and consumer. Without understanding customer personas, pricing economics will almost certainly create poor outcomes.

You're spot on. I've mentioned this exact thing in feedback surveys since early days. Preposterous as it may be, it was a flaw I happily overlooked based on what I thought were the numerous other redeeming qualities of not just Airtable's product, but its ethos. Now, it's still a great product, but it's from a company I can't trust, that I know doesn't actually give a crap about its human customers or the businesses it affects negatively, and that I can no longer in good conscience recommend to anyone. Utterly tone-deaf. It's like they hired Leroy Jenkins to determine their value metrics while simultaneously appointing him lead on existing customer comms and retention.

Stephanie_Reid

I messaged support about removing features from Pro, and got back a clearly copied-and-pasted message that’s basically “yeah you have to upgrade!  Sucks to suck!” 

EVERYONE in this thread needs to message support and DO NOT LET THEM CLOSE THE TICKET until this is addressed.  We need to do something to get their attention because they clearly don’t give a **bleep** what **bleep** we talk in the forum.

I messaged support yesterday as well. Still no official response after the initial auto-bot "we've received your blah blah blah..." email. *Insert red expletive emoji face here*

langzai
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

You spend years building on Airtable and then they double the price with 3 weeks notice.

Nono Airtable, not cool. Not professional. 

I've got this in response to my two tickets: "We wanted to let you know, we're experiencing a higher than expected volume and it's taking us a little longer to respond than we’d like. We are working diligently to get through other issues and will be in touch soon."
Me: "Oh really? Why that?" 🤣

Just poor support team, its not their fault and I wouldn't like to be on their place right now 😬

Your point about trust has sadly become central to a lot of customers as Airtable continues to introduce change that shatters expectations.

Customers don't like surprises unless they are magical surprises. As you point out, Airtable has endeared many customers with magically useful UI design over the years. Unfortunately, they have consistently surprised us with product and service changes that erode trust.

Setting aside the recent financial turmoil of the new pricing model, the short fuse they lit for critical underlying feature changes shatters any remaining confidence that its product marketing team actually understand how Airtable is used.

@Ksenia_Eckly 

Thanks for the update.  It's really frustrating, and I was ready to follow up with them, but it shouldn't be a  support issue so I'm trying with sales.  Not that I'm expecting anything better from them...

From the follow up to the Announcement

https://community.airtable.com/t5/announcements/updates-to-our-pricing-plans/ba-p/162829

"Our goal is to balance the costs of heavy API usage with the impact on customers. If you exceed the monthly limit, you will continue to have access to our APIs, but see a lower rate limit for the remainder of the month. "

words fail me