4218 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scott_Hoek
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

"If you're on our previously most expensive Pro Plan, we're taking away business-critical features and you have less than one month to rework your entire base structure to fit new limits, pay us twice as much, or f*ck off" – Airtable, basically

Have fun talking to your clients this week!

Edit: Since this post is being kudo'd and people coming to the forum about this might see it first,  I wanted to put @ScottWorld's summary of the 4 big downgrades to the $20 plan at the top:

1. Automation runs have been cut in half to 25,000 automation runs.
  2. API calls have been reduced from unlimited to 100,000.
  3. Attachment space has been cut in half from 20 GB to 10 GB.
  4. Multi-source syncing has been eliminated.

As previously stated, we all have less than a month to rework our databases to fit into the new limits, or pay Airtable twice as much.  Support thus far doesn't seem willing to budge or offer any help.  Question for people on the $20 plan: How are these downgrades going to impact your business or clients?

23 Replies 23
Alex_N
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I just came to the forums to see if I understood it correctly. The email says there is no action required on our part but the new plan that Airtable will be migrating me to has half the workflows/month and half the storage, and also I need to consider how many API calls I am using a month since before I didn't even have a way to see how many I was using a month. What if it was way over 100,000 API calls per month. Obviously there is MAJOR action needed on my part, and soon because I will be migrated automatically in a month.

Does the downgrade in functionality only apply to new plans or to current plans as well?

Scott_Hoek
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

It applies to everyone.  From the FAQ: "these will be disabled if they are no longer available on your current plan, but they can be turned back on without any reconfiguration needed if you upgrade."

Alex_N
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

That's a shame. I wish Airtable would at least be honest with what they are doing. They are essentially downgrading Tier 3 plans to Tier 2 plans and asking them for twice the money if they want to get back to the Tier 3 plans as they were before.

I would have rather they just raised prices and being honest with their intentions.

"The features and functionality offered on Team are very similar to what you are currently using on Pro, with a few specific changes to capacity, storage limits, and features" is very dishonest and they are downplaying how much of a downgrade this change really is.

On the $20 plan, there are 4 big downgrades that people should notice:
  1. Automation runs have been cut in half to 25,000 automation runs.
  2. API calls have been reduced from unlimited to 100,000.
  3. Attachment space has been cut in half from 20 GB to 10 GB.
  4. Multi-source syncing has been eliminated.
Aristeidis_Zagk
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

you are right. it is ridiculous. However, I was asking to have a better plan for limit record and 2 way sync, not with the enterprise plan which would cost me 5 times up. Now I will have more than double records and 2 way sync. 
The problem for these new plans is they a eliminated a cheap plan to attract small companies or individuals like it was before with 10$

langzai
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Only 3 weeks of notice for changes that will highly disrupt a business.

I've learned that Airtable will change their pricing with little notice. Airtable is not reliable for business. Their changes heavily affect my business and I have 3 weeks to find something that fits our use better.

Airtable will fire 250 people out of nowhere and to their clients they'll increase prices with less than 3 weeks notice. 

Yeah, Airtable is not reliable and cannot be trusted as a business platform. The technology has been great, but man, its bad for confidence when you can get rugpulled this bad.

Ryan-M
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I cannot find anywhere to check the number of API calls I am making. Anybody know where I can find this? 

Very disappointing move from Airtable.

Scott_Hoek
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I messaged support about this, and got back a clearly copied-and-pasted message that’s basically “yeah you have to upgrade!  Sucks to suck!” 

EVERYONE in this thread needs to message support and DO NOT LET THEM CLOSE THE TICKET until this is addressed.  We need to do something to get their attention because they clearly don’t give a **bleep** what **bleep** we talk in the forum.