Help

""The private share link you tried to reach is not available"" - Bug???

Solved
Jump to Solution
1412 5
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Krys
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi,

I'm sharing a private link to a data set (can't share here as it's got user-data). Sometimes when entering the password it works fine. And then other times on an incognito browser, and for other people trying to access it it doesn't work. It comes up with this same message, see photo attached.

What could be going on here? I need a fix asap so would really appreciate some help/troubleshooting.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sam_Brown
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi Krys - seems they have broken something. I have had to go around and switch off passwords for the time being and now need to contact another company I put Airtable in to.

Things happen but pretty unimpressed with no comms to clients and no addition support bought on to get replies out quicker fro those of us working outside their time zone.

See below for more info.

Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2023 6:27 AM
To: Airtable Support <support@airtable.com>; 
Subject: RE: broken pawssword protected form

Thanks Airtable Support Team,

Can I ask:

• when this issue occurred?
  • is this issue published anywhere? Nothing on your Airtable status twitter https://twitter.com/airtablestatus?lang=en
  • Is there an issue/bug reference I can get?
  • Is there any kind of timeframe on this?

This is a form we are using too support onboarding of New Zealand’s largest council for our jobs we do for them and asking their users to signup is not an option – we have just disabled the password but having public form submission (security through obscurity) isn’t a good look for us or Airtable.

I also heavily use an AirTable Pro account () for my other business and have a payments requests form set up this same way for service providers and have implemented AirTable at another company () who use form entries for their entire client base. I will need to contact and let know the issue.

We also had a password protected view for them to see the status of the form submissions – I guess we will for the time being we will have to invest some time on building a report automation to send this data out daily.

Can you up the automation limits if needed to support this?

Cheers,

Sam

From: noreply@salesforce.com <noreply@salesforce.com> On Behalf Of Airtable Support
Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2023 1:59 AM
To: infrastructure <>

Hi there,

Our sincere apologies for the trouble you are experiencing with share links in Airtable! We are writing to let you know that we are aware of the issue and our engineers are currently working on a fix.

In the meantime, a couple possible workarounds are disabling password protection from the share link, or having users sign into an Airtable account before attempting to access the link. We'll keep you updated with any progress along the way! 🙂

Best,

The Airtable Support Team

See Solution in Thread

5 Replies 5
Sam_Brown

Hi Krys - seems they have broken something. I have had to go around and switch off passwords for the time being and now need to contact another company I put Airtable in to.

Things happen but pretty unimpressed with no comms to clients and no addition support bought on to get replies out quicker fro those of us working outside their time zone.

See below for more info.

Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2023 6:27 AM
To: Airtable Support <support@airtable.com>; 

Thanks Airtable Support Team,

Can I ask:

• when this issue occurred?
  • is this issue published anywhere? Nothing on your Airtable status twitter https://twitter.com/airtablestatus?lang=en
  • Is there an issue/bug reference I can get?
  • Is there any kind of timeframe on this?

This is a form we are using too support onboarding of New Zealand’s largest council for our jobs we do for them and asking their users to signup is not an option – we have just disabled the password but having public form submission (security through obscurity) isn’t a good look for us or Airtable.

I also heavily use an AirTable Pro account () for my other business and have a payments requests form set up this same way for service providers and have implemented AirTable at another company () who use form entries for their entire client base. I will need to contact and let know the issue.

We also had a password protected view for them to see the status of the form submissions – I guess we will for the time being we will have to invest some time on building a report automation to send this data out daily.

Can you up the automation limits if needed to support this?

Cheers,

Sam

From: noreply@salesforce.com <noreply@salesforce.com> On Behalf Of Airtable Support
Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2023 1:59 AM
To: infrastructure <>

Hi there,

Our sincere apologies for the trouble you are experiencing with share links in Airtable! We are writing to let you know that we are aware of the issue and our engineers are currently working on a fix.

In the meantime, a couple possible workarounds are disabling password protection from the share link, or having users sign into an Airtable account before attempting to access the link. We'll keep you updated with any progress along the way! 🙂

Best,

Krys
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi Sam,

That's very helpful context, thank you so much.

Sam_Brown

An update - hopefully this is your issue as well.

noreply@salesforce.com <noreply@salesforce.com> On Behalf Of Airtable Support
Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2023 7:09 AM

Hi there,

Thank you again for your patience while out engineers looked into problems users were experiencing with password-protected share links. We have since identified a fix and successfully deployed it. This should now be resolved after refreshing your browser. If you continue to have any trouble please don't hesitate to let us know! 😄

Best,

Someone trying to fill out one of my forms is getting this error message, but it's not private or a password protected form. It's a form where they have to choose a name that's in a dropdown menu. I can see the person's name in the menu, but she can't access the form at all.

I am having the same problem minus the drop down menu part.  I have checked and rechecked all my sharing options and everything is in place.  I have no clue how to fix this.