cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paul_K
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hey all,

I’d love your feedback on a tool we’re working on, called Scripts.

What is it? An extension that embeds an onsite code editor into your bases.

Why would I need that? If you’ve ever used Google Scripts or VBA for automating spreadsheets, this is the same for Airtable.

It makes it easy to build custom alerts, automations, workflows, reports, and integrations for your bases, using short Python scripts. The extension handles API calls behind the scenes (even as the Airtable API is quite limiting), OAuth with other apps you’re integrating with, hosting, and more.

Who is it for? It’s designed for power users with a bit of Python experience, automation geeks, or API developers.

What’s the ask? Take the extension for a spin, reply back with your feedback, and don’t share too broadly just yet… we haven’t yet launched!

Paul

PS - here are some cool use-cases

Build an Google Sheets Export/Import integration in 60 seconds

Setup mail merge in Airtable

33 Replies 33

Hey Paul - the extension is loading up great now! I plan to use this for crypto and as such have changed the ‘function’ to the crypto reference provided by Alpha Vantage. I’m currently receiving the following error, I wonder if you are able to help me? (I also receive this error whilst trying to run the template script).

Pastebin of error

I’m not a dev and only have limited coding knowledge but it looks like it’s having trouble finding the table to pull the data into? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Oli

Oliver Robson

+44 (0)7403 476 425

Paul_K
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Strange. It’s not identifying the current table in the base. What happens if you refresh the airtable page, then click the leaf again?

Charley_Damont
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hey Paul,

I just installed blockspring but the greenleaf does not appear on airtable whereas it’s working on trello. I restarted but still nothing. I certainly missed something. Do you have any idea?

Thanks,

Charley Damont

Can you try refreshing?

Can I ask how ‘real’ a product is Blockspring? It’s quite an interesting approach, and I can see some immediate uses for it — but your community pages are dead, there are no live links to press coverage, the most recent blog entry was posted August 2016, and there’s nothing I can find identifying who the people or companies are behind Blockspring.

I would be greatly interested in trying to incorporate it into my solutions — if it was definitely going to be around. (I am much heartened by there being a recent update on github, but that’s not the same as having a fully committed line of business in place to support and promote Blockspring.

Ok Paul it’s working, thanks!
I feel a bit stupid.

I guess that someone edited the site config to remove dates from blog entries is something of tacit proof the site and product aren’t dead. :winking_face: Not sure I’d build it into a client solution, yet, but maybe I’ll play around with it some on my own time.

Michaelann_Bra1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

@Paul_K, I’m having the same problem as @Oliver_Robson from a few months back. Did y’all ever find a solution? It looks like it may have somewhat spontaneously resolved but…I’d like to know if there’s something more I can do than just wait around and hope it starts working.

I’ve been able to successfully use Blockspring with Asana, so I know the problem isn’t my browser, it’s Airtable.

I’m having the same issue. Any other solutions for scripting that anyone knows about?

@Oliver_Robson What did you do to resolve this issue? The extension is still not working for me. I am not being directed to the script editor.

Thanks!

I have the same issue. I click the green leaf, I give the OK to the dialog window, but the script editor won’t pop up.

openside
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

This company was recently acquired by Coinbase, so I don’t think they are supporting this product anymore.

Can you confirm this?

openside
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury