cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndrewW
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hey folks!

I use Airtable for literally everything. I’m constantly making new apps and automating processes for everything I do, whether it’s business or even just tracking personal stuff like gym progress.

One thing that I had always wanted for a long while has been to have the ability to create some really customized views of my Airtable data on a website.

Specifically, to bring some more interactivity to my tables and connect some of them to the outside world more easily. I wanted a way of hooking Airtable up to the web where I could use HTML/CSS to creatively display the data and let users interact with it. Basically, I wanted to be able to quickly prototype simple web apps utilizing Airtable as a backend, without the fuss of having to do a whole bunch of programming and maintaining a server for each new project I started.

I checked out a handful of existing solutions, but none of them did exactly what I wanted.

So now almost 6 months later… introducing: SheetDream! Check it out at https://sheetdream.io.

If you’re interested in seeing it in action, here’s a YouTube video where I show how you can use Airtable as a CMS by utilizing SheetDream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbTNRAWp1Lo

SheetDream brings advanced connectivity to your Airtable tables, allowing you to interact with your Airtable data directly from your website, HTML-enabled platform or mobile app. SheetDream secures your API key on the server side and provides a suite of low code tools for quickly generating HTML/CSS to directly interact with your Airtable data live on your website or intranet portal.

Your data gets served from a cache that gets frequently synced with Airtable (every few minutes), so you don’t have to worry about any rate limiting or other such restrictions.

Some interesting use cases:

• Using an Airtable base for candidate relationship management, and utilizing SheetDream to display and apply for open positions on a company website (the context of the above YouTube video)
  • Using SheetDream’s webhooks and API polling features to easily synchronize data to Airtable from a 3rd party platform’s API and displaying the data on a customized internal intranet dashboard
  • Displaying a Twitter feed live on a company website, using Airtable to moderate and curate the tweets that get displayed

I’ve got a lot more things planned for the future: an official Airtable Blocks App, more code generation features, easier 3rd party API integration, and much more. I’m excited to finally be sharing this with this wonderful community!

-Andrew

2 Replies 2
Joe_Hewes
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Wow this sounds really exciting! Nice work :raised_hands:

Joe_Hewes
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Just checking through your resources and this really does look amazing. My first thought is that I would love to see some examples of how to create linked catalogue and single record pages.

Excited to give this a try :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: