cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jean-Philippe_E
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hello,

Few years ago I automate AitTable to Wordpress using a Node-RED as a middleware code. The usage seems to me so obvious and basic :

• IF I update a line in AirTable I trigger an Automation (REST Request)
  • THEN Node-RED will create or update a Wordpress Post managing the attachment

Today I try to figure out how to make it without my code. AirTable put upfront Zapier, so I give it a try... What a hell of complicated  !!! Zapier is so dumb

• You have to handle if it's an Update or a Create
  • You have to handle the attachement

May by I missunderstand but it confirm to me that Zappier and other automation tools worth nothing if you have to create 3 or 4 zap for a so simple task. Codeing with an UI is not No-Code it's Pain-Code 🙂

I'll try to move my code from Node-RED to AirTable function but not sure it works (because of caching, attachment, etc ...)

4 Replies 4
Steve_Haysom
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Another way of doing it: update wordpress using their REST API with a google apps script running on a schedule to look for new/updated records.

Yes I did it in Node-RED using the Wordpress REST API.
I did'nt code directly from AirTable because :

- I assume it's lot's of code for a "Run Script", little harder to maintain and extend than Node-RED
- AirTable URL are NOT compatible with Wordpress ... need to download the file, then provide and URL with extension (.jpg, ...)

2023, ... just want to sync post between Wordpress/Airtable and feels to reinvent the wheel at stoneage.

clairem44
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello, indeed I think that the Air WP Sync plugin is the right answer to your need. It can sync data from airtable with Wordpress pages, articles and custom post types, easily. It now even supports user sync, ACF fields and much more. You should give it a try.