537 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dev_GL
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi everyone. Recently, one of Airtable users shared their Workspace with me. There is a base in the workspace with a lot of automations, and sometimes they fail to run.

The workspace (and the database) owner receives emails saying, "Something went wrong with an automation..." but I receive nothing. Is there a way to fix this and allow me as a collaborator receive those notifications?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Unfortunately, this is one of the strangest & most frustrating limitations of Airtable.

Airtable will only send automation failure notices to ONE PERSON, and that person is the most recent person who enabled the automation. It makes no sense, and can cause serious problems in companies that rely on Airtable's automations.

For truly robust error notifications, error handling, and error configuration, I would recommend using Make for your automations. There is a small learning curve with Make, which is why I created this basic navigation video to help.

In the meantime, back in Airtable: If you go in and disable an automation -- and then re-enable it again -- then you will now become the ONE PERSON who receives those error notifications.

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Unfortunately, this is one of the strangest & most frustrating limitations of Airtable.

Airtable will only send automation failure notices to ONE PERSON, and that person is the most recent person who enabled the automation. It makes no sense, and can cause serious problems in companies that rely on Airtable's automations.

For truly robust error notifications, error handling, and error configuration, I would recommend using Make for your automations. There is a small learning curve with Make, which is why I created this basic navigation video to help.

In the meantime, back in Airtable: If you go in and disable an automation -- and then re-enable it again -- then you will now become the ONE PERSON who receives those error notifications.

Thank you!