cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jessica_Eastlin
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi there,

I'm trying to build automations for updated a multiple select field. The records in my table all have a "last updated date" field, which obviously changes every time a record is updated. There are two scenarios I am trying to solve for:

1. When it has been over 12 months since the last update, I would like to add a tag in a multiple select column for "Last updated >12 months". I have figured this out using these instructions

2. The next scenario I'm trying to solve for is when a record whose last updated date was >12 months ago (and is tagged "Last updated >12 months" is updated, therefore changing the "last updated date" field, and wanting to remove the "Last updated >12 months" tag from the multiple select field. 

How do I accomplish #2 with an automation? I can't figure out how to do this by either removing all of the options in the multiple select field (not ideal) or removing just the "Last updated >12 months" tag. 

Help please!

2 Replies 2

From what I can tell, the cleanest way to handle this would be via an automation with a script to remove "Last updated >12 months", and then update the field

Without a script, you could use a formula field to remove that text, then use an automation to paste the formula field's contents into the multiple select field again.  The downside to this is that you'll end up with an empty value in the multiple select field

I've set it up here  for you to check out and you can duplicate the base to view the formula

Screenshot 2022-12-29 at 11.31.42 AM.png

You can configure a last modified time field to only look a specific fields and split things into different fields.