566 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alexi_Mosnov
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I'm inputing a list of records to the Update Record action. Let's say 3 records. I want a field in all three records updated. In the Record ID box if I enter a record id only one of the 3 records is updated. if I leave the record id box blank and click search I put one of the record field names in the Display box and I put the following formula in the Formula box.

IF(
OR(
{Net Profit} < 2,
{ROI} < 0.4,
{Average Rank (90 Days)} > 99999,
{Amazon 3x Cost} < 3,
{Pack QTY} > 2,
{Estimated Monthly Sales} < 10,
{# of FBA Sellers} > 5,
{EUM} < 10,
{EPM} < 13,
{Rating} < 3,
{Reviews} < 10,
FIND("Oversize", {Product Size}) != 0,
FIND("yes", {Amazon Sells and in Stock}) != 0
),
RECORD_ID(),
BLANK()
)

This formula is based off the filter I use in the Search Records action. When I try to exit I click ok and the 3 values of the field that I entered in the Display  box are displayed but I am unable to exit. It wants me to click ok again and if I do I just get the 3 values displayed again and it wants me to click ok again. I'm stuck in a loop. How do I exit? Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Alexey_Gusev
12 - Earth
12 - Earth

Hi,
Update record action can update only one record. There were some workarounds for multiple update, or script step was needed. But now you can do it in usual automation workflow, placing 'Update action' into the loop of Repeated action. 
At first you Find records, and then put their list in Repeated action
that's nearly how it looks like

Alexey_Gusev_0-1696583991497.png

Note, that 'find' can be done by view or by condition. Usually I do it by conditions, but here, I think, with such amount of conditions, using view is better. 

See Solution in Thread

1 Reply 1
Alexey_Gusev
12 - Earth
12 - Earth

Hi,
Update record action can update only one record. There were some workarounds for multiple update, or script step was needed. But now you can do it in usual automation workflow, placing 'Update action' into the loop of Repeated action. 
At first you Find records, and then put their list in Repeated action
that's nearly how it looks like

Alexey_Gusev_0-1696583991497.png

Note, that 'find' can be done by view or by condition. Usually I do it by conditions, but here, I think, with such amount of conditions, using view is better.