cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PeterJNCK
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello,

Please, I would like to create an automation that, on the 1st day of each month at midnight, creates a new record with the actual trigger time. I expect the trigger time in the action section to be the same as in the trigger section of the automation scheme. However, somehow, the "Actual trigger time" field value is created with the last day of the previous month.

Thank you for clarifying what I am doing wrong

4 Replies 4

Hmm, I take it you're in CEST as your automation's set to trigger on that timezone?  Could you make the "Created Time" field display its timezone, and set its timezone to CEST to see whether it's correct?

PeterJNCK
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi Adam,

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I am in CEST and using the European date format and 24-hour time format. Do you think there might be a clash with time zones? Perhaps the solution could be to set the automation trigger not on the 1st day but on the 2nd? It's not a clean solution, but it should probably work correctly.

Thank you

Yeah it might be a timezone thing.  Just to confirm, you've updated the 'Created' field to display in CEST and also display the timezone in the field, and it still shows the wrong created time, is that right?  If so, you may want to open a support ticket about this as that indicates that the "At scheduled time" trigger doesn't work correctly

You could also try using the "At scheduled time" trigger to send yourself an email as well to see whether it runs at the right time? 

PeterJNCK
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have done a test with an email, and the 'Created' time is 2 hours ahead of the 'Actual trigger time'. Interestingly, it looks like 'Created' is displayed in CEST and 'Actual trigger time' in UTC.

However, it doesn't make any sense, as the timing of the trigger is set for 'Every 1 month on the 1st at 12:00am'. So, I would assume that the 'Actual trigger time' of the action should be the same, but it's 2 hours earlier 🤔