1761 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jake_O
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello, I am new to Airtable and I am looking for a simple solution to this problem if possible. I am looking to be able to upload a PDF into Airtable (it would be 1 page). Once the PDF is uploaded, I would like to extract the title and put it in the name column next to the document in the same row automatically. I know there are software’s out there that can handle this type of thing like Parseur, but the documents might not all look exactly the same (or the titles might not always be in the same spot every time). Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

3 Replies 3
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Airtable’s native automations will let you pull the entire filename of the file (including the file extension as well).

For an even easier way to do this, I would highly recommend using Make's Airtable automations & integrations.

In this Airtable podcast episode, I show how to work with attachment arrays in Make:

https://youtu.be/sKPyG0HZCYY?list=PLqssva4liHRwHhQIpTXekG8WObEoyC2F1

Jake_O

Hello, I am actually not trying to get the file name, I actually want to get the title from the actual document because the file name will be different than the title unfortunately. Do you know if this is something that is possible?

Absolutely. You can get this information — and much more — with any PDF API tool that is available on the web.

For example, let's say that you chose PDF.co as your PDF API tool. Then, you can use Make's PDF.co integrations to integrate with Airtable.

There is a small learning curve with Make, which is why I created this basic navigation video to help. I also provide the links to a few other Make training resources there as well.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld