cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Admin_Promis_Ju
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello,

in an automation i try to find records based on conditions on a linked record. When i try to find the value from the record triggered, I find it but i can’t insert it.
here is the video : Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software

7 Replies 7
Amit_Merckado
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I encountered the same issue:

Lee_Pettijohn

Following this post to see answer

Tuur
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

You can work around this by adding e.g. a rollup field with the ID from the other record. This can be inserted.

i ll check your proposition ! TY

Kris_Wigness

Hi. Any. luck in getting this to work? I am trying to do the same thing. Your video is exactly the issue that I am running into. I cannot search the second table for names that match the “name” of a record in the first table. I want to be able to automatically link the appropriate record in the second table to the record in the first, but without the ability to find the matching name, I am stuck (unless I turn to Zapier or Integromat)

i have the same issue, have tried a myriad of different approaches, but this is simply a bug, please help dear airtable team @Airtable_Clerk @AirtableGuru :slightly_smiling_face:

Guillaume_Blan1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

What you can do as a workaround is to add an Update record Action step before your Find action that updates the value use for the search in a text field. You will be able to use that text field in your Find action. Hope that it’s clear.