cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scobe
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello,

This has probably been covered before, but I can't find it. I have an automation that sends an email when a User has been assigned to a Milestone and that Milestone has a status set to "To Do". Right now I can only set up the automation individually by person. How do I set up or code it to send notification to the [assigned user] so I don't have to set up an automation 35 times. I know there's an easy way! 

Thank you! 

Scott

Screenshot 2024-03-25 at 10.59.24 PM.png

2 Replies 2

I'm assuming you have a "User" type field?  If so, you should be able to select their email via that field like so:

Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 2.25.53 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 2.25.56 PM.png

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

@Scobe

In your base, you would need to attach a user to each record that you are planning on emailing to someone.

To do this, you would either:

(1) use a User field
or
(2) use a linked record field where you select your user from another table, along with a lookup field which looks up the user’s email address from that other table.

Then, you would pull from those fields in your automation.

For a training lesson on linked record fields and lookup fields, check out my free Airtable training course, which you can take for free by signing up for a free 30-day trial with LinkedIn Learning.

p.s. If your company has a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld