cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Luka_Tikaradze
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello, 

I have Automation that Creates/Updates Events in Google Calendar.
For example one record scheduled event at 11:00-12:00, there is the possibility to avoid scheduling another meeting at the same Time?

2 Replies 2

Yes, this is extremely easy, but you would need to use Make’s Google Calendar automations to do that.

You simply need to have your automation search your Google Calendar for the exact same start time & end time. The search will return to you all of the events that overlap that time duration.

If the search finds 1 or more events, then you won’t want your automation to create a new event. If the search finds 0 events, then you would go ahead with creating the new event.

If you’ve never used Make before, that will be the hardest part. There is a small learning curve with Make, which is why I created this basic navigation video to help. I also provide the links to a few other Make training resources there as well. For example, to instantly trigger your Make scenarios from Airtable, check out this thread.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld 

Thank you for the replay, but we don't need to use 3rd party application.
I think I have a workaround for this,  
When the Date Field has value Automation must trigger the event to GC. 
when automation triggers, I check if there are records with the same dates, if the response length is more than 1, I will ignore synchronization and send a notification about it.