1023 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lost-Merovingia
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

^ Sorry about that subject ... I don't know what I'm doing.

So ... I have Table Vendor, and Table Transactions... the Name field in the Transactions table sometimes contains the same text as in the Vendor field (which is called 'Who' [i know ... awful field name]), but not always, so I want to search for the text in the Transations:Name to find a the name of the vendor in the Vendors:Who field.

I'm trying to find a way to search the Vendors so that it'll populate the LookUp field or linked Field automatically.

I made a view that has all the empty vendors fields.. and I am starting an automation that triggers when it's entered this view, then I wanted to search the vendors list for the text that is in the Name field ... but ... i can't do that ... it'll only find the entire line, cause it's taken from a bank statement, and you know how weird those are.

For instance if the Transaction name would be "RECURRING PYMNT 6MAR2023AIRTABLE.COM/BILL CA 716.76X1.397259891" I want to search and find Airtable, but ... it's not letting me do that obviously.  Any ideas? 

LostMerovingia_0-1685050948428.png

0 Replies 0