933 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GrahamW
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello you wonderful people! Small roadblock I've encountered that I am hoping someone can help with. 

I would like to use Airtable for our team to record meeting notes. When a new record is created in that table, it would be great to have some text pre-fill, much like in the manner default values can be assigned to some Field types. 

Since the default option (as far as I can tell) doesn't exist for Long Text Field type, I figured I would use an automation. 
I tried a simple test. I tried to get the automation to produce rich text entry, or even multiple lines

GrahamW_0-1695923581811.png

Even using markdown, I was not able to get more than a single string of text to appear... ie it looks like this on my best efforts: 

**Action Items:** <br> * 1 <br> * 2 <br> * 3

The Goal is to have a much more complex volume of text (ie default questions for one type of meeting, default questions for another, action items, follow up reminders, priority... etc etc...

Is there a solution? 

2 Replies 2
GrahamW
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Just found this post that I THINK  is going to solve it for me. Not sure it will give me Rich text editing abilities, but it's a big start. 

GrahamW
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Markdown Works! 

🙂