418 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karen_Williams
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have two automations set up that send me reminder emails when my records hit a specific date condition.  It is a "days remaining" type of condition.  I want to wake the base up every morning so that it can update the records and send the appropriate reminder emails.  Do I need to have the schedule automation first in the list so that it performs that first or does it not matter?

14 Replies 14

Yea this appears to work I think.  I don't think we can get it to do 7am exactly though

What if we had an automation that'd run every day at 7am instead?  That automation's action would be to find records where Countdown < 11, and we'd use a repeating group to send one email per found record?

How do I write that?  I am not knowledgeable on getting these things to work.  And does the order of the triggers matter? 

Seeing as you want it to be at 7am I don't think you should write the formula, and I think you should try setting up an automation that runs every day at 7am instead!

I'm not sure what you mean when you ask about the order of the triggers?

What I mean by order of the trigger, for example If you have more than one trigger, do they have to be a in certain order to perform correctly?  or does it even matter?  I only picked 7:00am because I want to receive the emails prior to my logging in in the morning rather than waiting until I am logging off for the day.

I think I have been able to make the system work they way I want because I was able to get the daily emails on the test entries that I created.

Thank you for your help.

Ah, I think you're talking about the order of the automations?  If so, nope, it doesn't matter!