cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dilhan_Brulance
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi, 

When using the Slack actionable messages integration in Airtable automations, I receive the following message in Slack after pressing a button : "You do not have access to this Airtable record, or it has been deleted."

I set up the automation to send the validation to a specified user when a new record is created.
The user can choose between "Option 1" and "Option 2". They update the same select field having the values "Option 1" and "Option 2" in Airtables.

Yet after pressing the button, the update is denied in Slack.

I have the Airtable app installed.

Any idea ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I would check out this thread for an in-depth conversation about this, but you’ve hit upon one of several limitations with this feature.

One limitation is that only logged-in Airtable users who have editing access to the field can perform the action. Another limitation is that the links expire after 7 days. Another limitation is that the actions can only be performed once. The full list of limitations are outlined in this support article.

The solution & workaround to all of these limitations is to simply send your own custom links to Slack by using Make’s custom webhooks, which then will trigger whatever actions you want in Airtable using Make’s Airtable automations.

I give detailed step-by-step instructions on how to accomplish this in this episode of the BuiltOnAir podcast. In the podcast, I discuss doing this with email, but it’s the exact same process with Slack.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld 

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I would check out this thread for an in-depth conversation about this, but you’ve hit upon one of several limitations with this feature.

One limitation is that only logged-in Airtable users who have editing access to the field can perform the action. Another limitation is that the links expire after 7 days. Another limitation is that the actions can only be performed once. The full list of limitations are outlined in this support article.

The solution & workaround to all of these limitations is to simply send your own custom links to Slack by using Make’s custom webhooks, which then will trigger whatever actions you want in Airtable using Make’s Airtable automations.

I give detailed step-by-step instructions on how to accomplish this in this episode of the BuiltOnAir podcast. In the podcast, I discuss doing this with email, but it’s the exact same process with Slack.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld 

Thanks Scott, your podcast helped me !

That’s great! You’re welcome! 🙂