cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vadim_Ciobanu
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi everyone! 

Please give advice on how to sort a list of records inside a Google Doc.

Screenshot 2023-10-23 at 13.03.42.png

2 Replies 2
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Airtable’s automations don’t offer the ability to sort records. All records are sorted randomly.

However, there is a trick to sorting. If you find your records “based on a view” instead of “based on a condition” — and if the view contains no grouping — then your records will be sorted just like they are in the view,

However, note that Airtable’s ‘find records” command can only find a maximum of 100 records, so that is another limitation to be aware of.

For full control over all of Airtable’s sorting — and for no limit on the amount of records that you can find — you would want to use Make’s Airtable automations and Make’s Google Docs automations instead of Airtable’s native automations.

Make’s automations have much more power and customizability than Airtable’s automations, with no limitations.

There is a small learning curve with Make, which is why I created this basic navigation video to help. I also provide the links to a few other Make training resources there as well.

For example, to instantly trigger your Make scenarios from Airtable, check out this thread.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld

Thank you @ScottWorld !

I'm going to write an Automation Script to solve this problem.