313 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
timmyo_sg
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi there! I'm troubleshooting a workflow we once followed but has since been deprecated.

In our filing of documents, we want to rename attached PDF files (in a field named Attachments) that come in as 'unnamed attachment' with the contents of another field (named ID) when a box in a field named "Update Attachment" is checked.

This was previously set up using an Automation in the base, with the trigger being "When a record is updated.." and the action being "Run a script" As it turns out, the JS that ran is no longer valid, so nothing happens when the box is checked. To make matters worse, the script was inadvertently deleted during troubleshooting, so we no longer have a reference 😞

I have found posts where folks are asking for something similar, but they're old enough that the methods no longer appear to be valid. The problem seems small, but the solution appears to be complicated.... If anyone has any insight, I'd really appreciate the help. I'd also be happy to provide any additional functional examples for context.

Thanks so much!

1 Reply 1
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

As far as I know, renaming attachments in Airtable requires re-uploading the attachment with the new name, which in your case would be pulled from the other field.

I don’t know JavaScript so I can’t help you there, but I do all of this myself by using Make, which is a low-code automation & integration tool that doesn’t require any scripting at all. 

There can be a bit of a learning curve with Make, which is why I created this basic navigation video for Make, along with providing the link to Make’s free training courses.

There are also many Make experts hanging out there who can answer other Make questions. (Additionally, there are scripting experts hanging out there as well.)

Alternatively, if you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you create this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld