Help

Re: What is this error means in the condition testing?

843 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ahmed_Qamar
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi everyone,

As you can see, there is an error message I have received while testing conditions in the Automation.
2022-10-16 16.22.26 airtable.com 0fc0117aff90

Can you please tell me why I am receiving this error?

Thank you so much,
Looking forward to your reply.

7 Replies 7

Check the configuration of the condition. It looks like your condition is set to compare the task name with the record ID.

Ahmed_Qamar
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi @kuovonne ,

In response to your reply, I have created a video in which I tried to explain what I am trying to do and Why I am using those conditions.
Here is the link to the video: Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

If you have any questions for me please let me know.

I am waiting for your suggestions, What should I do to make this error go away?

I had a hard time following your video.

However, it still looks like you are comparing a Record ID with the formula field {Task Name}, and the {Task Name} field contains text, not record IDs.

I am so sorry about my video,

Let me give it another shot, This time I will try to create a simple one.

Ahmed_Qamar
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi @kuovonne

I have recorded another video, In which I have tried to explain to you in a more simple way.
Here is the link to the video:Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Please take a look at it.

I am waiting for your suggestions.

Thank you,
Ahmed Qamar.

It looks like you updated your condition to match a record ID with a record ID versus a name, but it still looks like a hardcoded record ID, which does not make sense. Identifying the “next” record in a series of records also has is own unique challenges with different approaches depending on the base setup.

I recommend you look into hourly consulting where you can have an online meeting with a screen share. I do not offer those services, but you can look at the Airtable consultant directory to find someone.

Ahmed_Qamar
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi,

Thank you much for your help, I really appreciate for your given time.

Thank you so much once again.