1515 7
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kdburns
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I am perplexed as to why there is a Date field type however it can only be sorted by 1-9 which puts the month of October ahead of January. Or another table of mine, it will sort January first for a few records, then start over. 

I don't know. Sorting by date seems really basic yet it is not working correctly in any of my tables. 

These dates sort fine in FileMaker, Excel, and Google Sheets. I'm stumped. 

Anyone have any suggestions? These tables were imported via CSV.

7 Replies 7
Jon_Stephenson
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Date sorting works flawlessly in Airtable from my use, are you sure that the field type s a DATE?

kdburns
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Yep. In both tables. 

It seems like you are sorting by multiple different fields. Click on the "Sort" button in the toolbar, and remove all the other fields that you have sorted before the date. 

kdburns
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

No other sorts or groups. 

That’s very weird. Now that’s something I haven’t seen before. Can you re-create the problem with a brand new date field, in a brand new table in a brand new base? You might need to email support about this, if it’s some sort of a strange bug.

kdburns
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I did email support and here are the two things I thought I might try this weekend.

Create a new base and test as you mentioned and then download both bases and create new ones. I'll leave the old ones up just in case support has a fix and I could maybe learn what happened. 

kdburns
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Okay... support just got back to me. Egg on my face 🥚. Somehow in the CSV import, it converted some of my records 2022. I just pulled my CSV files, they all have 2023. This export came from a FileMaker database, and of course the dates are correct there too. the 2023 calendar is all that's available. 

Thank your responses and I apologize for the fire drill.