Help

Re: Extra Blank Record Shows Up in Column of Synced Tab

300 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vanessa_Villanu
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello! I have a rollup column that looks fine in the original base, but when synced to another base some of the cells seems to add extra information.

For example, in the original base, a cell in the column will say "Person A, Person B"

In the synced base though, the same cell will say " , Person A, Person B" instead, as if there's a blank record ahead of the rest of the list.

This doesn't affect all cells in the column, just some. Would someone know how to make the column behave correctly in the synced base?

4 Replies 4

Hmm, I'd love to take a look at this to see what I could figure out!

I encountered a sort of similar issue recently where some cells in a lookup field would pass an automation check as "Not empty" even though visually they were empty.  When viewed in the automation history, it showed that there was an object in that cell even though visually nothing appeared, and I wonder whether that might be happening to you

I didn't figure out what was causing it though, I just changed my conditional to check whether it was "" instead of empty, which doesn't help you here

Yeah I tried adjusting my conditionals in the rollup to see if that would solve the issue, but no dice.

Unfortunately my tables contain confidential information but thank you for brainstorming this with me!

Vanessa_Villanu
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

RIGHT AFTER I sent that I figured it out - I was pulling information from a formula based column, and some of the cells were blank because my formula had a conditional that it would be blank if it didn't have certain info. BUT my rollup conditionals were based on cells the formula was pulled on, so the rollup was still counting those records, even if they weren't visible in the original rollup column.

I updated my rollup conditional to be based on the column with the formula and it fixed the issue. I also updated my formula.

Hah that sounds pretty crazy, nice job figuring that out!