1233 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Madicyn_Brooks
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am so sorry if this is the most insane question…I am still VERY new and trying to get my bases/tables designed to work for my business as a bridal designer. I need inventory, then projects that pull from inventory as well as customers that may pull from both. Also hoping for social media tracking, etc. I am still trying to work it all out in my head…but what is the purpose of the “form”
I do not plan on, at the moment at least, having anyone else use my database. I have looked at the info on it here and still a bit ???
Would it be used as a faster way to input say client info or should I just forget it is there being the sole person using this?
So sorry for the long question.
Madicyn

9 Replies 9

The form is typically used for the general public to add new records into your base via a web browser.

You could use the form, too, if you felt like adding new records via a web browser was more convenient for you!

But forms don’t have all the functionality of using the Airtable interface itself (for example, you can’t create new linked records via a form).

And forms can’t do anything EXCEPT add new records — they can’t edit records, they can’t search records, they can’t view records, nothing. Forms simply add new records, and that’s it.

So, in general, forms are used for the general public to add new records into your base.

@ScottWorld
Thank you so much for your response
It is, for me at least :winking_face: pretty much useless. Again, I appreciate the detailed response!!
I have so much to learn with Airtable

Pablo_Rios
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi Madicyn,
The form is basically a way to create a new record without having to see all the other records. If you did have another user creating records, this would keep them from seeing the base structure and other records. For security reasons you may not want them to have access to changing your design or to see financial records. You can continue to create records through your tables without having to use a form. If you have a website, you can embed a customer appointment form there for customers that would like to setup an appointment with fields like appointment_date, customer_name, customer_address, customer_city, customer_st, customer_zip, customer_phone, customer_email. Anytime a form is submitted you can have it send you an email too.

all the best,
Pablo

We’ve built this feature in our form recently:

Amazing!! Bravo!! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: :clap: :raised_hands: :star2: :dizzy:

Hi @ScottWorld

What form/block would this be? If the form is free, would I be able to use it for new records entered by a webrowser?

I am intrigued and I am wondering if this would work for me.

I just need to quickly add records on the fly, so could I use this with Sierra webbrowser?

Would it be pretty easy to upload the records into Airtable, too?

Thank you,
Mary

Hi @M_k,

I was referring to Airtable’s form view.

Hi @ScottWorld

Thank you so much!

I have setup a form in my webrowser, so that I can quickly add some data into a record, therefore , into Airtable.

This way I don’t have to go through the steps to add a record into the Airtable app.

Thank you,
Mary

Fantastic! That’s great to hear! :slightly_smiling_face: