Help

Re: How to copy linked records in a field from one record to another WITHOUT replacing what's already in that field (just adding to it)

Solved
Jump to Solution
559 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Max_Goldberg1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I have two records that I am trying to combine into one record. Each record is uniquely linked to a number of other records. What I’d like to do is copy the data from one record and paste it into the other record, without replacing what’s already in the second record.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Are you trying to merge duplicate records? If so, Airtable’s DeDupe app will allow you to merge data from duplicate records together, but only for certain types of fields (such as a linked record field):

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3

I don’t understand 100% what you mean, but if you don’t want to manually add data from one record to the other, you would need a script in my opinion to help you out. But please specify what you’re trying to achieve :slightly_smiling_face:

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Are you trying to merge duplicate records? If so, Airtable’s DeDupe app will allow you to merge data from duplicate records together, but only for certain types of fields (such as a linked record field):

This is exactly what I needed, thank you!