760 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jepha
5 - Automation Enthusiast

My team manages YouTube channels and have a content calendar that shows what stage each video is at & when it's coming out.
In the new year we are moving from Google Sheets to Airtable so external stakeholders have better visibility.
On our current Sheet we have it set up so that the cell with today's date is coloured bright pink so we can easily scroll to 'today'.
Is there a way to replicate this in Airtable? 

4 Replies 4

Hey @Jepha

No, you can't color individual 'cells' in a grid view. That being said, here are my recommendations.

Utilize Views!

Leverage the power of filters and views to create a view that specifically isolates your pipeline focused on a specific day.
Now, I'm actually a little bit surprised as to how I've come around on them, but my second recommendation is to...

Utilize Interfaces!

As previously stated, I'm not the hugest fan of Interfaces.
There are some rather elementary features that are missing from Interfaces currently that I'm quite frustrated with, but the Airtable roadmap makes the case for pivoting and investing time and energy into Interfaces.

Using Interfaces, you can create a really intutive and simple (or complex) application that your team, users, and stakeholders will be able to access without having to worry about making it easier to sort through and visually find the applicable date that you're looking for.

---

I used to also really want the ability to individually color a 'cell' within a grid view.
I'm now firmly of the belief that it would be a net detriment to user sophistication and adoption of Airtable.

I could go on about my feelings re. this feature request for hours, but I'll hold my tongue.

Jepha

An interface doesn't serve the need I have.
This is just for the editors on my team to be able to easily scroll to whichever record has today's date on our Video Tracker view. 
Sure I can set up an Interface that shows what today's video is, but that removes it from the context of the wider release schedule. 

If you really want them to scroll, I would use conditional record coloring. Otherwise, I would go with a seperate "Today" view.

Jepha

That could be the fix! I'll give that a go, cheers.