cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Homeshare
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello,

We are one of many Homeshare programs in California, that operate out of different agencies with different tracking systems etc. but we try to collaborate across programs with the understanding that we all are working towards the same end goal.

Another program showed us how they use Airtable to track their participants, and their workflow is very similar to ours. They built the database themselves, with much research, tutorials etc.

Would it be possible to import the structure of their database to use it on our end, without any of their clients' info? How would that work?

Thank you for any insights!
Julie

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Alexey_Gusev
12 - Earth
12 - Earth

Hi,
After they choose 'Duplicate base' , the switch 'copying records' can be unchecked to get empty base copy (with automations and extensions). Then they can share the copy to you, and you can copy it or duplicate in your environment.

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
Alexey_Gusev
12 - Earth
12 - Earth

Hi,
After they choose 'Duplicate base' , the switch 'copying records' can be unchecked to get empty base copy (with automations and extensions). Then they can share the copy to you, and you can copy it or duplicate in your environment.

Homeshare
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thank you, I just tried it out between my work & a personal account I created for this purpose, and it seems pretty straightforward.
It looks like the original creator of the views will be mentioned when I hover over them... I tried getting rid of that mention by copying & pasting but then there seems to be unintended consequences like links that might not function anymore... not a huge deal, I'm sure it will make sense once we start working with it.
Thanks again for your prompt response/post!
Julie