Help

Is it possible to duplicate a table into a different base?

Topic Labels: Base design
1323 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kaitlyn_Shepard
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Is it possible to duplicate a table and it’s views (in my case the form created from the table) into a separate base?

I have an airtable base set up for the program I manage and one of the tabs is an application to our program. It took me quite a bit of time to set up the table and then the form, because it involves many conditional questions. My colleague has a seperate base for her program but would like to use the application I created. I tried to download the csv for my table and then have her import it into a new table in her base but all of the field customization I created did not carry over. Many of the fields were single/multi select (with many options) and when she imported the csv they all appear to be ‘single line text’ field types.

Is there a different way to accomplish copying a table and it’s views from one base to another or is it just not possible yet in airtable?

2 Replies 2
gwynn_kruger
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I don’t know the answer to your question but maybe you can try the following and see if it works:

1. Go to your workspace and duplicate the base you want to share and call it TempShare
  2. Share TempShare with your colleague
  3. Get your colleague to duplicate TempShare into a new base that she can use in her own workspace.
  4. Now you can both delete TempShare as you’ll no longer need it

Please give it a shot and let me know if it worked.

Hi @gwynn_kruger! Thank you so much for your suggestion and it did lead to a partial solution! We completed steps 1 and 2 but at step 3, my teammate was unable to duplicate the table into her base. However, she was able to select all, copy and then paste into a new table in her base. Doing it this way copied all of the field types and options I had created for the multi-select fields! Which was a huge win because when she imported the CSV all the fields types imported as ‘Single line text’.

The second piece of the puzzle was figuring out a way to copy the form and all of it’s configurations which were tied to the above table, but I still have not found a way to achieve this.

Thank you for your help!!