536 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cshenoy86
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I have a column with linked records and I do not want the column to have more than 6 records. I do allow multiple linking but is it possible to put a restriction on how many records can be entered? [I want more than 1 but less than equal to 6].

Thanks

Chandrika

cshenoy
4 Replies 4
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

This is not possible within Airtable. This is only possible with Fillout’s advanced forms for Airtable, which allows you to create or update records in Airtable with a form. Fillout allows you to specify the maximum number of linked records, as you can see in the screenshot below:

ScottWorld_0-1701774307207.jpeg

cshenoy86
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Thanks for your response. Airtable does have a lot of limitations!

cshenoy

If you want to use a database platform that has absolutely no limitations at all with infinite customizability, your best bet is FileMaker. However, you will need to hire a FileMaker developer to set you up with it.

I am the top Airtable expert available for hire, and part of the reason I’m the best is because of my 30-year history as a FileMaker developer.

I don’t do FileMaker development anymore, but if you need referrals to the world’s best FileMaker developers, feel free to reach out to me through my website: Airtable FileMaker Consultant - ScottWorld

Thanks, Scott ! I will look into FileMaker in future. Currently due to budget constraints would have to do with airtable only 🙂

cshenoy