Help

Linking all the records between two tables automatically?

Topic Labels: Base design
Solved
Jump to Solution
1477 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gregairtable
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I've tried searching this, but can only find where people link two tables, then manually add the relationships for each record.

This is my situation.  I have two tables.  One is a list of addresses (123 main st, 234 main, 345 main, etc) and also has owner name (multiple addresses can have the same owner), the other table is owners and info like phone.  

I wanted to just link the two tables by owner, so in the owner table, if I click the owner name, it will show all the properties they have.  When watching videos, it seems I have to do this manually by adding each building to the respective owner.  Is there a way that I just link the table and it happens by itself?  I have thousands of records so I can't do it one by one.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yeap, try converting the field that contains all the owner names into a linked field to your "Owners" table:

Screen Recording 2023-03-11 at 11.16.03 AM.gif

This should automatically link everything like you want!

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yeap, try converting the field that contains all the owner names into a linked field to your "Owners" table:

Screen Recording 2023-03-11 at 11.16.03 AM.gif

This should automatically link everything like you want!

gregairtable
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thank you.  This did work.  I'm not sure why it wasn't working before, but I rebuilt the tables, did this, and it works fine.