cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matteo_Ottavian
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello Airtable Community,

I have started using this amazing tool a few weeks ago and I still have a lot to learn.

That being said, I am working on a order form with many fields. The order form part is right but now I am thinking about usability.
What I mean is that I would like to be able to break the data coming from the form into 3 tables (Customer, Taxes, Invoices) and I would need these 3 tables to be in sync (e.g. when I filter things in one table, the second and third one should change accordingly).
I have been exploring the “link to record” function with poor results: when the data from the form come in, they are captured only in the first table even if there are linked records in the second one.
As a summary, I would like to get the data from the form spread across 3 synched tables.

Sorry if my need is confusing. Happy to provide more info.
Thanks to anyone who will be so kind to invest some time on me :slightly_smiling_face:

Cheers,
Matteo

3 Replies 3
Julian_E_Post
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hi Matteo,
Welcome to the forum! I think I can help you with one of your requests. In Airtable there are two field types that look similar, but function very differently: “Link” and “Lookup”. A link creates a connection that grafts two tables together. It allows you to connect tables by a common field. A lookup allows you to do just what you’d think - to look up a record in another table. For your purpose, you would use one original table to gather all the data, then use lookups in your Customer, Taxes, Invoices tables. If you want, share more detail about what information you want to track in each table and I’ll make some suggestions on how to set it up.

For your second question about filtering: There isn’t a way to change a filter in one table and have it change the filter in another table. However, you can have a number of preset “Views” in each table with filters that you use frequently. Hope that helps!

Thank you, I will give it a try and let you know how it works!

Matteo

Moe
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

One of the options that you can look at is this extension for Airtable. It allows you to create linked records inside the form for different tables.