4918 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shannon_Bradley
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hey all! Working on making Page Designer work hard to create the thing I need 🙂 A couple of limitations I have run into that I haven't found a workaround for yet:

1) Flowthrough to another column. Currently I have this list of information:

Shannon_Bradley_0-1680301938530.png

But I want to be able to run it over 2 columns like this (duplicated the field to illustrate what I want):

Shannon_Bradley_1-1680302214720.png

The information would flow from the bottom of the first column to the top of the second in my perfect world.

2) Grouping within the field in Page Designer

I love being able to do this in the regular tables, and this particular list I need to have grouped by Department in the same way:

Shannon_Bradley_2-1680302414056.png

So the table above that I want in 2 columns...I also want sub-grouped by Department. The simple sort by department is ok, but not ideal because I need this form to look like what my film guys are used to seeing. Any thoughts?

Thanks!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Rupert_Hoffsch1
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

@Shannon_Bradley Happy to explore if this can be accomplished with DocsAutomator 🙂 Google Docs supports column layouts, so possible! Feel free to reach out by making an account — https://docsautomator.co/

See Solution in Thread

5 Replies 5

My suggestion is to abandon Page Designer if you want this functionality and look into a third party document generator. Page Designer is very limited and if you want flexibility in how you lay out items on the page, you are going to keep running into limitations. For example, you have probably already noticed that multi-page layouts are not natively supported, nor are adjustable height tables that grow or shrink to adapt to the number of records available.

Shannon_Bradley
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Fair assessment 🙂 Trying to stay away from 3rd party for my end users if I can though. 

Rupert_Hoffsch1
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

@Shannon_Bradley Happy to explore if this can be accomplished with DocsAutomator 🙂 Google Docs supports column layouts, so possible! Feel free to reach out by making an account — https://docsautomator.co/

Shannon_Bradley
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Just an update for anyone else checking my post here for a solution - DocsAutomator IS THE SOLUTION. There is a bit of a learning curve to learn linking the Google Doc to your database, and I did re-work a bit of my setup to make it more optimal (actually overall improved my whole setup)

But once getting past that first bit, this is a really great product and worth looking into!

🙏🙏🙏