Help

The Airtable Community will undergo scheduled maintenance on September 17 from 10:00 PM PST to 11:15 PM PST. During this period, you may experience temporary disruptions. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

Seating Assignment for Large Event

Topic Labels: Base design
106 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nipasa
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am working on a seating chart for an event that has 150 tables of 10 and want to create a base that will help me assign people to tables, track how many open seats I have at a table etc. Any suggestions?

1 Reply 1
Wyatt_Barnett
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

A lot of specifics depend on your workflows, but the data structure options are pretty straightforward.

If you are just concerned about getting guests to tables but NOT assigning specific seats what you want is a table of tables that probably needs a table number for the hotel, a table name to print on the sign, a max number of seats, a count of seated guests and a link to the guests table which will have your guests. To seat guests just attach to tables.

If specific seats matter you will need a third table between the guests and the tables for seat assignments attached to tables. Another way would be to just have a big table of seat numbers and a drop down for tables but that probably does not scale.

Source: have been doing event databases of various flavors since last century.