Help

Re: Single Calendar Across Multiple Tables?

Solved
Jump to Solution
1262 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Christopher_Can
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

What would be the most practical way to incorporate multiple tables worth of calendars into one?  In an interface, to be specific.

I have three tables worth of data I'd like to mix together in a single calendar.  I suppose I could have them all in one table, but I'm concerned it might make things a bit busy in that main table.

I have Table 1 that is basically like a CRM for any incoming proposal requests for my business and I have a few date fields there.  3 sets of start and end dates to cover dates we'd hold for the client.

Then I have Table 2 where we actually schedule specific events.  Just a start date (with a time) and an end date (with a time) for a specific event stemming from an approved project in Table 1.  1 entry in Table 1 could have 20 events in Table 2, mind you.  But every Table 2 event is linked to an entry in Table 1, so there's already a natural link there.

Table 3, on the other hand, is less connected to Table 1 and 2.  This is just a calendar of relevant events that might impact our operations (like if there's a major concert next door, we'd want to know this to avoid schedule an event next to a Taylor Swift concert) or holidays where we close the office.  We also use this table to have employees request time off and we can see that there.

So I'd love to see all three things at the same time.  Table 1's potential date ranges.  Table 2's actual event dates and times.  Table 3's relevant other dates.

Not sure how to bring it all together though.  Also relevantly, I'm pushing up against record limits in this base, so I'm not averse to something like making a new base and syncing these three tables to play with over in the new base purely for calendar purposes.

Any ideas are appreciated!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

No, your 3 existing tables would all feed into a 4th table that you will need to setup.

This article might help you:
https://support.airtable.com/docs/multi-source-syncing

p.s. If your company has a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant — ScottWorld

See Solution in Thread

6 Replies 6
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

A few ideas here:

1. You can use @Kamille_Parks's Master Calendar extension to show you events from different tables combined together onto one calendar.

2. If you are on a Business Plan or Enterprise Plan, you can take all 3 tables and sync them into a unified destination table somewhere else. Then, you can create a calendar view from that destination table.

3. You can sync all of your different calendar views to an external calendar app, such as BusyCal for Mac or Outlook for PC. (Google Calendar won't really work for this because Google Calendar only refreshes external calendars every 24 hours.)

p.s. If your company has a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant — ScottWorld

Thanks for the options!

I'm leaning toward #2 (I'm on a business plan)

When syncing, can I sync three tables into one destination?  Or would it look more like making a new base, syncing each table to its own table in that base, and then making a 4th table to unify them all?

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Airtable requires it to be a different base.

So would the new base look like, roughly (with 4 total new tables):

Table 1 Sync

Table 2 Sync

Table 3 Sync

Tables 1/2/3 Combined from Sync Tables

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

No, your 3 existing tables would all feed into a 4th table that you will need to setup.

This article might help you:
https://support.airtable.com/docs/multi-source-syncing

Perfect, thanks! Never done a multi-source sync despite plenty of syncing, so I didn’t even realize that was a thing.

Appreciate the help!