1838 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matt_stewart1
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I changed a text field to a single select field.

This field has many options (maybe 100+), but I wanted to ensure that similar entries are same spelling and that when creating filters in views we can select multiple options (using "is any of") instead of making several different filter conditions (using "contains").

After making the update, the primary table that holds this field allows for the filter to work properly, as attached.

Screenshot 2023-01-10 at 7.03.18 AM.png

However on the secondary tables that hold the lookup field, I'm not seeing the filter options change. Creating a new view/filter presents as if it were still a text field, with no options for "is any" or "is none of".

Screenshot 2023-01-10 at 7.02.55 AM.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
matt_stewart1
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I had to change the lookup field to a different type, then save, then change again to lookup field, and save. then it worked. 

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2

Weird, I just converted a text field into a single select and added a lookup for the single select like you mentioned and it works fine for me; I have a "has any of" etc option for the filter on the secondary table

Might want to open a support ticket! 

Screenshot 2023-01-12 at 4.44.09 PM.png

matt_stewart1
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I had to change the lookup field to a different type, then save, then change again to lookup field, and save. then it worked.