411 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
auekk2787
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I have a list of schools and I'm trying to track demographics I have about the schools:

• race
  • income levels
  • genders

I have reports with the aggregate data, not the individual student records. Therefore I'm not able to do rollups but tracking each demographic for an individual students in a linked table.

What would be the best way to store the aggregate values, so that I can generate charts per school or across all schools? These categories have different amounts of choices too.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
auekk2787
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I've decided to make a second table called Demographics, which links to the primary table Schools.

For each school, I have the same dozen demographics, broken down by category and grouping. I've used the record template tool to generate a blank demographic set for a school. 

This allows me to create charts on a school level and total aggregate in interfaces.

Screenshot 2023-09-19 101811.jpg

See Solution in Thread

1 Reply 1
auekk2787
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I've decided to make a second table called Demographics, which links to the primary table Schools.

For each school, I have the same dozen demographics, broken down by category and grouping. I've used the record template tool to generate a blank demographic set for a school. 

This allows me to create charts on a school level and total aggregate in interfaces.

Screenshot 2023-09-19 101811.jpg