518 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aaron_Hess
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

TLDR; how to I grant 'conditional' creator permissions within a paid workspace?

I've built up some pretty robust Bases for my company to track our projects.  We're using airtable as a stop gap solution on the way to a larger ERP software rollout.  I built an interface for every department to use that allows them to view and update relevant information (process tracking, shipping address etc etc), and prevents them from viewing sensitive information (employee addresses etc etc).  No one has access to the Base except for me, everything is done through the interfaces.

All of this is happening through a paid PRO workspace, everyone with interface access is a billable collaborator on my workspace.  It just so happens that we've hired a guy who's very fond of airtable and wants to build his own base for his own workflows, and sync a selection of my tables into his base.  I'm fine with that, but I'm not sure how to grant him creator access to the workspace (thereby giving him the PRO capabilities), without him having access to ALL the other bases in the workspace? 

Right now its like, ok man create away.  Sync all of your project info from my tables into your base, but pretty please don't go poking around in the personnel base, its got lots of private info in there...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stephen_Orr1
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Billing is tied to a workspace up until the enterprise plan. On an enterprise plan, you get unlimited workspaces. On Pro and Plus plans, you pay separately for every additional workspace.

Your best bet is creating bases for him in your workspace and granting him creator permissions in these bases. Make sure to ask him to check with you before inviting any additional collaborators to his base(s) as this could increase your bill if he invites new commenters, editors, or creators that aren't already in your workspace somewhere.

See Solution in Thread

1 Reply 1
Stephen_Orr1
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Billing is tied to a workspace up until the enterprise plan. On an enterprise plan, you get unlimited workspaces. On Pro and Plus plans, you pay separately for every additional workspace.

Your best bet is creating bases for him in your workspace and granting him creator permissions in these bases. Make sure to ask him to check with you before inviting any additional collaborators to his base(s) as this could increase your bill if he invites new commenters, editors, or creators that aren't already in your workspace somewhere.