cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steven_Paulet
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello,

I just enabled the pro version of Airtable in order to use the Maps block.

I have just a little over 3000 rows, each with an address. After working (quite slowly) to add the 400 addresses to the map overnight, the block stopped and displayed the message “API quota exceeded. Click to retry”.

If I retry right away, it runs blank for a while then displays the message again. If I wait a bit before clicking, it will start adding a handful of addresses.

I’ve still got about 2600 rows to go and don’t want to keep coming back to this and clicking retry every couple of minutes… How can I get all my addresses properly added ?

My airtable is a simple list of 3000 business addresses I imported from excel. I was handling this list with geobatch before with no issue. Now, I am left scratching my head as to why is this so slow and seemingly complicated?

A few years ago this kind of thing was easily solved using excel and businessmap, but I was hoping airtable and a simple google API could handle 3000 datapoints without any heroics. Any insight?

3 Replies 3
Michael_Clarke
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi I have the same problem, according to google I should have at least 200 requests per minute, which is not at all what I am receiving here. :S

Anyone got a fix for this? :grinning_face_with_big_eyes:

Brett_Power
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have the same issue. My quota with Google Cloud is unlimited queries, or 5000 per 100 seconds. My total records is way less than 5000. Any fix for this?

My maps used to work with no issue at all. This is a recent issue that has come up.

Another issue is why the API wants to geocode the addresses for no reason. Once they are done they don’t need to be geocoded again. So annoying.

api

Alex_Avery
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am having the same problem. It seems like Airtable is rate limiting on top of the Google, as all of our experiences seem to indicate more than enough capacity from our Google console. Any ideas on how to fix?