cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BarakHav
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi,

I've seen issues opened about this two months ago but we're experiencing this issue now.

I tried leaving the script for an hour and the state doesn't change, though if I run a test of the automation, everything works.

BarakHav_0-1682347229943.png

The status page shows there are no incidents.

I've also tried creating a new automation that only runs the following script and it still gets stuck - 

BarakHav_1-1682347475866.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Juliana
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Hi there! Automations stuck in pending status are typically a result of overall base performance/load. If the trigger is "When a record is updated," for example, and you're using the API to programmatically update records at a high frequency, it could overwhelm the base and cause many pending runs. That said, if the workflow is stuck with only a handful of pending runs, that might be something which would necessitate a support case so that we can take a closer look at the particulars—just let me know.

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
Juliana
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Hi there! Automations stuck in pending status are typically a result of overall base performance/load. If the trigger is "When a record is updated," for example, and you're using the API to programmatically update records at a high frequency, it could overwhelm the base and cause many pending runs. That said, if the workflow is stuck with only a handful of pending runs, that might be something which would necessitate a support case so that we can take a closer look at the particulars—just let me know.

Apparently one of our operations trigger lots of automations at once, making the rest of the automations stuck.

However, I do think `Automations` is a weak side of AirTable, as there's no indication of any queues/limitations and what so ever, making such things demand investigation instead of it popping out like it probably should.