723 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
olliestr
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I'm trying to delete an entry from my airtable through the API (on voiceflow to be specific). I have experience with the API as the rest of the application uses many GET and POST commands that work just fine. The problem comes when trying to delete, where I keep getting error 401 (authentication required) despite including my bearer API key as a header. I'm using an exact copy of the DELETE example in my airtable API documentation.

Anyone have any ideas if this problem could come from somewhere else? Or if it's just a bug to do with my application? Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Can you include a screen capture of your code and the error (be sure to redact your API key)?
Are you using a DELETE request instead of a POST/GET?

Are you using your regular API key or one of the new personal access tokens?

olliestr_0-1672227348792.png

Here is the request. My bearer key has been removed in this screenshot. It is a simple delete request that was shown as one of the examples in my airtable documentation, and the id is a valid entry (I checked by using a GET request)

The result is the following error message:

{
"error": {
"type": "AUTHENTICATION_REQUIRED",
"message": "Authentication required"
},
"VF_STATUS_CODE": 401,
"VF_HEADERS": {
"access-control-allow-headers": "authorization,content-length,content-type,user-agent,x-airtable-application-id,x-airtable-user-agent,x-api-version,x-requested-with",
"access-control-allow-methods": "DELETE,GET,OPTIONS,PATCH,POST,PUT",
"access-control-allow-origin": "*",
"connection": "close",
"content-length": "80",
"content-type": "application/json; charset=utf-8",
"date": "Wed, 28 Dec 2022 11:37:27 GMT",
"etag": "W/\"50-8xYAvLBWleFLl/buYhG+M42uVZo\"",
"server": "Tengine",
"set-cookie": "AWSALB=SMoJh3kA1KmJKd/nL8LGn9D8RrEpGq4V+fKaAFRArsXThL4w3yoSWxiYg8cPo3jxEa+eJNKu6BClOdlIYxrqI6YhscAB1k6yVttbj98d88Tszm4f9tLMuh20ObK0; Expires=Wed, 04 Jan 2023 11:37:27 GMT; Path=/, AWSALBCORS=SMoJh3kA1KmJKd/nL8LGn9D8RrEpGq4V+fKaAFRArsXThL4w3yoSWxiYg8cPo3jxEa+eJNKu6BClOdlIYxrqI6YhscAB1k6yVttbj98d88Tszm4f9tLMuh20ObK0; Expires=Wed, 04 Jan 2023 11:37:27 GMT; Path=/; SameSite=None; Secure, brw=brw7fWoJ0g02BV3By; path=/; expires=Thu, 28 Dec 2023 11:37:27 GMT; domain=.airtable.com; samesite=none; secure",
"strict-transport-security": "max-age=31536000; includeSubDomains; preload",
"vary": "Accept-Encoding",
"x-content-type-options": "nosniff",
"x-frame-options": "DENY"
}
}

yogesh_tejwani
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

@olliestr Did you find the solution to this? I am facing this while making GET request