840 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sarahhh
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

hello I use airtable as a database for an external application creation solution. I would like to create a Like option but I cannot find the solution because when a user likes it is all the other utilities that see their like so I would like to know if there is a solution via airtable so that the user identifier and like is only visible and operational for the user account in question

4 Replies 4
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I'm not sure that I understand your question, but you can use Make's custom webhooks to allow external users to trigger an automation that sends data to Airtable (such as creating a new record that is a "like").

I discuss step-by-step how to do this in this Airtable podcast episode.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant — ScottWorld

it's ok but for several users? because my case here is the multi like. because a user will like it and if another likes other things it will take its place in airtable. the idea is that it will be done to a single user. I don't know if I was a little clearer

Sorry, not sure I understand, but what I would recommend doing is make sure that your base is setup properly in the exact way that you want it setup first to receive multiple likes. Make sure that it works properly before adding in an automation layer on top of it.

Sarahhh1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I'm using a no-code tool and I want to have a multi-like with Airtable.
On the no-code side, we've set up GET, POST and PATCH to make the like work, but the problem is that it's not attached to a single user. In other words, let's say user A posts a like that goes to the favorites page, user B and C log in and see A's likes and vice versa. After speaking with the no-code platform, they tell us that the solution must be found by Airtable because it's the backend -> I'll share with you what XANO is doing. The idea is the same principle, but with Airtable if possible: https://www.xano.com/snippet/qCmG9KcL/J I'm using a no-code tool and I want to have a multi-like with Airtable.
On the no-code side, we've set up GET, POST and PATCH to make the like work, but the problem is that it's not attached to a single user. In other words, let's say user A posts a like that goes to the favorites page, user B and C log in and see A's likes and vice versa. After speaking with the No-code platform, they tell us that the solution must be found by Airtable because it's the backend -> I'd like to share with you what XANO is doing. The idea is the same, but with Airtable if possible: https://www.xano.com/snippet/qCmG9KcL/