1673 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oreocereus
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I want to use timelines to keep track of, and plan things that happen to our garden beds at work - weather that is ammendments, planting, seeding, etc. 

Currently, each event - e.g. seeding of carrots, or application of lime is it's own record. When multiple things happen at once, against each bed, the timeline view is unwieldy to navigate. 

EG here I can only see 2 out of 60 beds at once

oreocereus_0-1696883114832.png

All related events are grouped by a unique code. I can use another table, that connects all records with the same code into a single record, and timeline view that. Like this:

oreocereus_1-1696883285346.png

But functionally this is inelegant, and for useful experience, I need to be able to edit the individual elements in the same base. For planning purposes, I really need to be able to drag the groups into different beds on the timeline.

It seems like a simple functionality, but is there a simple way to achieve a reduced view, so I can view more of the farm beds at once?

1 Reply 1
oreocereus
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Gantt does a useful summary view, where I can collapse the group and still view the overall time. But doesn't let me drag records around, as I gather that doesn't work with it's dependency functions. This would be ideal for timelines, but doesn't seem to let me..

oreocereus_0-1696887946138.png