405 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tender_Team
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi, I'm working on a way to consolidate a base used for a diaper program. We're a nonprofit and need to track for many different reasons, but our current process is long and requires toggling from table to form to table. Here's what we're doing (all are in separate tables):

1. Entering donation inventory via form (an individual count of diapers, wipes and formula)
  2. Receiving requests via form
  3. Reviewing the requests and inventorying out the items via form (linked to step 1)

Here's what I'd like to do:

• Inventory donations via form (needed because amount spent is required for tax purposes)
  • Link the request and inventory out form to subtract from inventoried donations
    • Is it possible to deduct (2) items at once or do we have to inventory out each item to properly subtract?

Essentially, all three tables would be linked together with the inventory out and request forms "combined" to avoid exiting the table when fulfilling the requests for delivery or pick-up.

Is this possible? I feel like it is, but I'm not sure how it would look. 

Any help or general insight would be great!

2 Replies 2

Yes, all of this is 100% possible with Airtable.

There’s not a quick answer that I can give you in a post, but maybe I’ll create a YouTube video at some point to train people on how to setup an inventory system like this in Airtable.

In the meantime, if you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld

Marko_K

Not knowing your setup, I’ll have to speculate here, but in general — three tables: Donations, Requests, and Inventory.

In the Inventory table, use a Rollup field for Quantity to automatically tally donations and account for requests. Link both Donations and Requests to Inventory with Linked Record fields. Then use automations to ensure that every time a donation is logged, the inventory increases, and conversely, it decreases when a request is made. This way you don’t need to directly manipulate the Quantity field inside of Inventory, but instead derive it from the other two tables.