765 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
J_V
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Over time our long text field with bullet points has evolved into 100+ lines and we're looking for a way to no longer add new bullets at the bottom of the field, but rather at the top. Hence the very logical question: on existing long text fields how could one "invert" the bullet points. As an example:

• Item 1
  • Item 2
  • Item 3

Should become:

• Item 3
  • Item 2
  • Item 1

I've tried to use the "LEN" formula but haven't been able to produce anything working. 

Many thanks,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

I've put something together here for you within a script extension that I think does what you're looking for

Do me a favour and make a backup of your data before using it on your production base heh 

Screen Recording 2023-01-31 at 3.19.12 PM.gif

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4
bruceconsulting
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi,

Unfortunately, I don't know of a method to sort from within one long text field.  To insert a new bullet at the top, you can use ctrl+home and then enter to give you a bullet at the top of the field.  Another option is to use a multi-select field, but there isn't a quick way to do this.  You would have to convert 100 bullets to 100 options but in the end it won't turn out as "pretty" as a bulleted list, although it would be able to be sorted.

If you'd like to schedule some time with me to discuss this or have other questions, here's a link to my Calendly:  https://calendly.com/bruce_consulting/30min

TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

I've put something together here for you within a script extension that I think does what you're looking for

Do me a favour and make a backup of your data before using it on your production base heh 

Screen Recording 2023-01-31 at 3.19.12 PM.gif

J_V

Many thanks Adam!! Works just fine, time Saving indeed!

Hah that's the goal!  Glad I could help!