cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JeremyK
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi! 

Currently I have a field which is returning a "Modified At" date. This field is a standard field (no formula) and it is returning the modified date of another field (our "Feedback" field).

This is what it is returning in a problematic record:

Screenshot 2024-05-15 at 11.00.00 AM.png

However, when I look at the revision history of the record, it says that the most recent update to this field was one month ago.

Screenshot 2024-05-15 at 11.01.48 AM.png

Can someone help me understand why there is a lack of parity between this modified at date and the revision history?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Does the revision history show all users? Does it include you in the list of revision history?

All I can think is that something has modified the "Feedback" field which isn't being tracked by the revision history. Could be another user or an automation?

OR...

When I update a record accidentally, I often (CTRL + Z) for a quick undo. However, this still affects the modified date! I'm not sure if the revision history tracks changes if you "undo", vs actually changing the status back.

EG: Changing a status field from "Non-Active" to "Active" and then pressing CTRL + Z, vs Manually selecting "Non-Active".

These are just guesses, I'm not too familiar with the internal workings of how Revision History is tracked!

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2

Does the revision history show all users? Does it include you in the list of revision history?

All I can think is that something has modified the "Feedback" field which isn't being tracked by the revision history. Could be another user or an automation?

OR...

When I update a record accidentally, I often (CTRL + Z) for a quick undo. However, this still affects the modified date! I'm not sure if the revision history tracks changes if you "undo", vs actually changing the status back.

EG: Changing a status field from "Non-Active" to "Active" and then pressing CTRL + Z, vs Manually selecting "Non-Active".

These are just guesses, I'm not too familiar with the internal workings of how Revision History is tracked!

I appreciate that!

Yes, in my research, I've found that revision history doesn't track everything*. So for example, if I delete a whitespace from a cell, it won't show that in the revision history.

So, in effect, your hunch is correct - Revision History and Modified At won't always be in parity!