463 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kendall_Heard
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am looking for a way to trigger a timestamp when a status changes. This is for an article writing process and we have 3 status options, (In Creation, In Review, Complete). I want a timestamp to take place when the status is changed between each status so at the end, I can calculate how many days the article was in each status. I am hoping to do this so the timestamp doesn’t override itself when the status changes but can help me see how long it stayed in each status. I know how to trigger a timestamp using a checkbox but want the status change to trigger that on its own. THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE HELP!

1 Reply 1
Zollie
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Afraid that’s not easily possible. Posted a related feature request a while back. Without any movement there, there are a few different directions you can go:

• have your users regularly (manually) fill out date fields.
  • use a button and script in place of the single select. the script would auto log the status change(s) as well as dates. this involves some JavaScript.
  • find a third party tool or integration that regularly looks for status changes and logs a timestamp to the same date fields. Zapier is a common 3rd party starting point.