Help

Help with Interface: Question regarding table display within interface.

Topic Labels: Interface Designer
Solved
Jump to Solution
151 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RsL
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi!

I am testing airtable to see if we can use it to accomplish our needs and have hit a snag with this Project Profiles interface. I created a spreadsheet that feeds the interface, each row is a "project" but I need to display associated data at the bottom of the interface in table format.

There is a way to do this by linking to a separate table, but I don't see a way to set the tables as an intuitive 'child' to the given project so that the process is more automated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Hmm, so you want the Grid element at the bottom of the Interface to automatically display records that are linked to the "Projects" record picker element at the top of the page, is that right?

If so, you should be able to select the linked field as a display element which should do what you're looking for

Screenshot 2024-04-30 at 9.51.18 AM.png

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Hmm, so you want the Grid element at the bottom of the Interface to automatically display records that are linked to the "Projects" record picker element at the top of the page, is that right?

If so, you should be able to select the linked field as a display element which should do what you're looking for

Screenshot 2024-04-30 at 9.51.18 AM.png

I am not entirely sure it turned out like you explained, but I found a workable solution with your steps. I kept the data all in a single table with one row per project. I was able to drag and drop each cell to present like a table the way I needed.

Thanks!